Wednesday, May 9, 2012

roll with the changes

I am making some changes and liking the direction I'm heading. When you think about changes and the feeling is unsettled and uncertain, it's usually not a good sign. I got that feeling when I took a job at a school, and on my first day (after I met some coworkers) went into the teacher's lounge and caught the end of a conversation between 2 married teachers (not to each other) about a lap dance at the last company Christmas party. It was an absolute shit-slide down a slick slope from there. I was literally skipping to my car on my last day after I quit, after my supervisor ignored my thanks for his time and my boss waved me off when I said I came by his office to say good-bye.

The changes I'm about to make are natural and they feel right. I'm a praying woman and I believe that God's plan is simple (though not always easy). I'm quitting daycare for G and picking up more hours with the insurance company I do quotes for. I will line up someone to watch Adam 2 days a week from now until who-knows-when so I can focus on my work. My boss wants me to stay in his district and he's adding me as a staff member because he's happy with the work I've done so far. Yay!!

This is what I went to college for. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Yea you!! You work those quotes baby!! Besides, he'd be stupid if he didnt want you. :)

    ReplyDelete