Monday, April 2, 2012

up & at 'em

I was inspired by the sermon at church yesterday. It was about defeating the devil on a daily basis, and the hope we have in knowing Jesus nailed our sin to the cross. Satan has us like puppets on strings. When we are not looking we get strung up and we do his bidding. When we are careful we snip the strings holding us back. Then we get distracted and he ties us up again. We are bound by the invisible strings of sin.

We get tired of cutting Satan's ties, but we aren't doing it alone. We get frustrated by his persistence, but our hope wins in the end. We get off course because Satan is working at us, chomping at the bit for a chance to hurt us, but we have God backing us. For those of us who have accepted God's help through Jesus as our personal Savior, then what could stand against us and have a chance? The battle has already been won! We just need to persevere through our days and focus.

I wake up every day knowing I have emotional struggles, and that is a bugger of a first thought to greet the day with. It is never gone, but I must face my personal demons several times every day including before I open my eyes. I have never been a morning person (just ask my husband and family). I like to say that Tim is jealous of my relationship with my bed. =) More than ever I'm trying to defeat my unhappiness FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, as if I have the energy.

I just read an article that offers me hope and a challenge. I'm putting it in writing here because it will hold me accountable. With the idea in mind that habits take 2 weeks of daily discipline to form I am committing to do this daily for 14 days. Here goes something!

2 comments:

  1. Day 1: Tim brought Adam to me at 6:20 (Tim's great at helping me with that, and understands that if Adam is awake and I haven't responded yet, this Mama's tired). We all slept until Adam's chatter around 6:50. I forgot about this contract until my phone alarm went off and I hit the snooze. I forced myself up and went to the store for fruit smoothie ingredients. 1 down, 13 to go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 2: Do you know how hard this is with a nursing baby in the morning?? It's hard to wake up and move move move like the article mentions when you are sitting in the peace and quiet on the couch, nodding off, trying to stay awake while the baby sleeps/nurses. *yawn* But after he woke up I changed him and got my smoothie made.

    ReplyDelete