Tuesday, March 27, 2012

the things dreams are made of

It's not very nice out today; it's very windy, so we're staying inside. I made chicken and wild rice soup for lunch. Since we're not quite there yet, I'm dreaming about the things I'm excited to do with Tim & Adam this summer (and Sophie too, of course). Adam is cruising along furniture, and he holds toys in his mouth as he crawls. His daycare buddy is walking and I know it won't be long before Adam joins her. I'm not in a hurry for Adam to walk; I don't have enough band-aids on hand.

It will happen soon enough, and I'm focused on enjoying every stage knowing he'll grow out of these things all too quickly. I try to capture his silliness on video and still shots, afraid I'll forget the noises, the looks, the innocence... I know these days are a blur now, and it'll only be a blurrier blur a few years from now. As my oldest nephew's 6th birthday approaches, I'm holding on for dear life to the enduring little things that define Adam, just as we did with Evan and my other nephews and niece. Gosh, I can't believe he's nearly SIX!

Time flies, and it's a roller coaster of thrills, scares, and everything in between. There's always a song in my head, for every occasion, all the time. Right now its Cheryl Crow's lyrics. These are the days when anything goes. Ahhh..... life! God is so good, and we are so blessed! Anticipation makes the little things so big, and my mind is reeling with stuff I'm excited for this summer.

spending time with Ilisa and the boys
camping w/ the Rohloff family
swimming in pools and lakes
playing at parks
visiting the zoo
play dates
going for walks with Adam in the wagon
visiting family near and far
day trips to see new things
geocaching
vacation out west??
catching fireflies
making nightlights with my niece and nephews
bonfires
church events
gardening
all things Lake Superior
garage sales
farmers markets
drive-in movies
anything to do with friends and family!

what am I missing? ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, fun and a cute pic to boot. Adam is very handsome...as he knows!

    ReplyDelete