Thursday, March 15, 2012

days worth remembering

I look at the kids (Adam and his daycare buddy) and I think I wonder if I'll remember these cute antics when they're older. I can't even remember what I did last weekend and it's only Thursday. This is why I created this blog! Sesame Street is on and they dance, they clap, they laugh. Then they take toys from each other and scream at each other. A minute later, they're back to smiles and silliness. Then they're off to the kitchen to play in a drawer and the only thing I hear is toys clanking around and knees and hands shuffling across the linoleum. These are the days I'll miss here and there in the years to come: spring is here and temps are pleasant, seasonal birds have returned and their songs lighten moods, and the anticipation of a garden gives me butterflies. We slept with the window open last night and I woke up with Adam (before the sun and the birds) imagining waking up in a tent this summer. Yay!

Adam holds his car up and says "buh! buh!" These are the sounds that earned my brother David the nickname Bubby. I call Adam Bugger, Bubby, A-Bear (anything-Bear, depending on his mood or activity), and Sugar. It sounds completely lame, but Sugar comes from when he just born and I called him My Sweet Honey Bear. Other names have come from that, but I find myself calling Adam Sugar Bear when he's nursing and Bugger most of the other time. He definitely knows his name though. Evan sang "Adam Isaiah" when he stayed over a couple weeks ago, and (funny enough) Tim picked up on it and sings it now.

All of a sudden Adam is "bah bah dah dah"-ing and it's no surprise to see him cruising around chairs in the dining room and playing peek-a-boo with me, bearing his 2-tooth grin. These are the days worth remembering. These are the days that make the lousy days worth bearing. These are the days and the moments I hold on to, when I return to my Mommy Cloud and tease the world quietly as I know I have it made. I'm not rich in things, but my heart is to the bursting point with blessings and love for my baby, my Gracie (daycare), my Tim, and God. He is so good!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! Now I have anothrr person to stalk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i can stalk you back... more than i already do! hooray for new mommies and their adventures in bloggerland! :D

      Delete